We know that UVA and UVB sun rays damage skin.
What’s less well known is a 3rd type of harmful ray called High Energy Visible Light (HEVL). HEVL rays are produced by normal daylight, whether its sunny or just light, these harmful rays can damage exposed skin. HEVL causes as much damage as UVA and UVB rays combined together.
HEVL SPF50 Face Crème is one of the first skincare products to offer 3-spectrum protection against UVA, UVB and HEVL.
HEVL SPF50 Face Crème contains an advanced ingredient called Liposhield™ HEV*, one of a new generation of SPF ingredients to specifically protect skin against harmful HEVL rays.
It also contains prebiotics to help strengthen and maintain the natural skin barrier.
A light non-greasy face cream with a skin-coloured tint that is FREE from MI, SLS, parabens and perfumes.
Facts about the Harmful Effects of HEVL
- HEVL is high-frequency light in the violet/blue band from 400-500 nm in the visible spectrum.
- HEVL is responsible for 50% of the oxidative stress from sun exposure which is equal to the amount generated by UVA (46%) and UVB (4%) combined
- HEVL promotes indirect DNA skin cell damage from oxidative stress.
- HEVL activates matrix metalloproteinases (MMP’s) that lead to wrinkle formation and premature aging and can cause uneven skin pigmentation.
- HEVL can reduce skin barrier function
INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Homosalate, Octocrylene, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Benzophenone-3, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor, Diisopropyl Adipate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Melanin, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.